- Consult a lawyer to answer all legal questions regarding keeping property and any other bankruptcy questions or issues of concern.
- Gather all documentation needed to complete the bankruptcy petition. (6 months of paycheck advices, prior two year tax returns, monthly expenses, credit card bills, medical bills, property deeds, vehicle titles, installment loan information, pending court paperwork, garnishment/judgment information, etc.)
- Complete a credit counseling course from an approved credit counseling agency 180 days before you file bankruptcy.
- File completed petition and your credit counseling certificate with the bankruptcy court.
- Attend meeting of creditors.
- Complete a post-filing Personal Financial Management Instruction Course only after your case is filed and WITHIN 45 DAYS of the creditors meeting. (341 Meeting)
For more info: bankruptcy@AfterHoursVA.com.
Book a free consultation online: https://afterhoursva.setmore.com/
DISCLAIMER: @AfterHoursVA is NOT a law firm, nor am I an attorney. I do not provide legal representation or advice. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney. @AfterHoursVA is a debt relief agency.